CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Living in a trailor down by the river


This might be the answer I give you on any given day. It is by far the most common question I answer. "So...what are your housing plans?" It changes day by day. The only thing that I know for sure is that we are selling this house. We should have it up for sale this week. No friends or family are allowed to make an offer. The reason for this greedy, selfish request is that I don't want to live with the guilt that will come when I don't give them the best deal. I want to sell this house to a total stranger who I will feel 100 percent confident in charging full price, or maybe overprice for this house. After we sell this house our options include 1. living with my parents in one of their upstairs extra bedrooms or 2. Living with my parents in one of their downstairs extra bedrooms. I love having a lot of options. My parents could conceiveably have all of their daughters living back at home this summer. With these four beautiful daughters come the following. 7 children(all but one is pottytrained), 1 pregnant mom, 3 son-in-laws, 6 extra cars to park in their lot, 93 loads of laundry each week, and a partridge in a pear tree. My mom and dad are saints and are probably wondering what happened to their "golden years". They are hard at work looking for housing options for us. But to be serious about this all. We really are going on faith right now. I know something will work out for us. I am learning patience in all of this. The Lord knows that I need to learn it somehow. If you run into a total stranger and find out they are looking for a cute little house and they want to pay full price for it, send them our way.

3 comments:

JenFielding said...

Rachel, my favorite line was the one where you listed your options. I love reading anything you write, you could be the next Rach in Real Life in the the Tri-City Herald. Good luck finding a stranger.

chenry said...

I taught all of you kids to avoid strangers at all costs. But maybe just this once....the upstairs bedroom gets the best morning light and is less drafty. Kitchen hours are the same as they were back in '85. Showers are limited to 8 minutes...welcome back kids!

Marcus said...

So Rach, Ashley and I are thinking of not doing pest control and moving in for the summer as well. I'm thinking i could work at the arc and ashley can do day camp again. Plus, since we won't have living expenses at the Henry Hotel we can save a lot of money too! Of course this is just an April fools day joke, we won't be frequenting the hotel until the end of August. :)