We have our house up for sale....with a realtor. We have attempted to sell it on our own for the past 6 weeks, but with no success. This sign in my yard causes a bit of anxiety in my life...for the following reasons.
1. Every realtor in the greater Tri-city area has a key to my front door.
2. Realtors are supposed to call you and make an appointment to show your house. They have to give me ONE HOUR to have my house ready to show. I don't know if I am by myself on this one, but one hour to have my house in tip top condition at any given hour of the day is not very realistic.
3. I have Emma and Rebekah at home with me all day. Enough said.
4. If our house does sell quickly, which is what we are hoping for, we have not purchased a home to move into. Our options include a tent on our 1 acre lot in Quail Bluff or my parents house. I think the latter is a little more realistic. Sorry mom and dad.
This really is a great house that we are living in. We just need about 1500 more square feet. We need a nice couple nearing or in retirement that don't want a huge yard, want a place to park their RV and a nice little home with brand new everything. If you know of any, send them our way.

3 comments:
Good luck!! We're probably going to put our house on the market in the next few months, too and it gives me a knot in my stomach just thinking about it. We'll be trying the "by owner" route first. I totally understand the anxiety of trying to have your house ready in an hour! With two little kids at home, that is just absurd. So...good luck. I hope it all works out well for you.
"The door is always open" or if not, use your key! I think we've already established kitchen hours, laundry facilities, etc. Seriously, I hope the timing all works out in your favor. If not, "Mi casa es su casa". Bienvenido! Welcome!
Your home is beautiful - you two have to be so proud of your exceptional work. I am seriously impressed. It will sell as soon as someone lays their eyes on it. And it is always clean! I can't believe that my Emma would ever make a mess.
Post a Comment