I have been thinking a lot about these three men because my mom and dad just got back from a trip with them and their wives. These are my dad's brothers, Gary and Dick. Although I don't get to see them often, every time that I do, it always makes me wish that we lived closer. Gary(far right) is the oldest (and I'm sure the wisest too), he and I have birthdays close together and so I have always thought that made me his favorite niece. His sense of humor is amazing and I always find myself smiling when I am with him. Uncle Dick (next to my dad on the left), is the founder of "Happy Henry Tours". I have been able to go on a couple of trips and always have a great time. Dick also has a great sense of humor, and on the occasion that he hears what you say, he usually comes back with a "witty" comment. Side note: Hearing problems run in the Henry family...what's that you ask...I said, hearing problems run in the Henry family. Another side note: The lady on the far left is my dad's cousin Pat, she is also a wonderful person, but we will stick with the Henry men for this post. Anyway, I know most of you that read this blog probably are more familiar with my mom's side of the family because they all live relatively (no pun intended) close, so I wanted to introduce you all to my dad's side. They are wonderful people who I always feel so connected with even though we don't see each other often. I can't wait to hear more stories from their recent trip together. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to hear the conversations that took place between the brothers...I'm sure they were priceless. If you ever wonder where my amazing sense of humor comes from...I'm sure it's from all of them.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think that I all know your relatives and then you reveal some more I had no idea about.
Oh, yeh, there are relatives on the other side too.
That's fantastic they were all able to get together, I bet it was a blast. If you're wishing you lived closer, they must be amazing.
When I heard about your parents recent trip, I asked my mom about your Dad's family because I was so unfamiliar with them. So thanks for introducing them. I'm not at all surprised that the sense of humor runs in the family. My kids think your dad is the funniest guy ever.
Oh, and thanks for making your blog public, it's awesome to read your thoughts.
I love these two uncles. When we all got together for Grandma's funeral I remembered how fun it is to be around them. Their stories are fantastic, each brother with a different version, usually pointing out the other two as the guilty ones. I can't wait to get together for the Henry Family Reunion. I've always been so proud to be a Henry.
So I WAS there and all I kept thinking about was how funny you kids would have thought the conversations were. When Dick and Dad forgot (or chose not to) wear their hearing aids, Gary could hardly communicate with them. It was pretty funny. They are great guys, (so are their wives) and very fun to travel with. We are already planning the next trip.
That is really a nice introduction. That is really neat that they could all get together. It's nice to meet the Bill side of family. I only know the Mathew Ward.. Your parents are the greatest. I love how they are always smiling and saying nice things.
Sounds like they have a lot of humor and wit on that side too. Is that where you get it from? Have a great Sabbath tomorrow. I love your open blog. It makes me smile..
Rachel-this totally off the subject of your post. I didn't know about your blog! How could I not know this? I will have to start visiting :)
Thanks for your offer with the injections. I'll call you if I panic at home. I just gave her another shot a few minutes ago and it seemed to go well. Lets keep are fingers crossed that I can be brave at home. There is a sense of comfort that comes from knowing that I have nurses and doctors here to help me in the hospital.
By the way. I feel so bad that I haven't had your girls over. Ever since they stayed at your house in March I have been meaning to give you a call....but 'life' got in the way. My girls still talk about your daughters frequently, so we really do need to get them together. Perhaps next week after I get home we can have your children over.
Thanks for your sweet comment and thanks again for the offer to help....I might need it.
Post a Comment