It's been awhile since the last post, and I'm sure everyone who reads this knows why. I think I talk about it at least once in every conversation I have. Our new house, Chads second job(that he doesn't get paid for, in fact he spends everything he made that day and then some), the reasons for my constant headache. Now don't get me wrong, our new house also brings positive feelings too. I am excited to have a larger home, a big yard, pool, and to be close to family, my kids can walk outside and get on the bus, so there all lots of positives...it's just hard to see them all this week. Some people have asked us if we have taken pictures...yes...some. I will post them. The thing I will miss the most about this move is leaving our ward. I love Pasco 4th ward so much. I have learned so much from all the wonderful people in our ward. Today was our primary program and our last Sunday there. I was a blubbering idiot. I cried through most of the program and then our primary had me and all the girls come up during closing exercises and they gave us a beautiful card and cookies and sang my favorite primary song to us...the tears immediately started again. Then Sarah started crying and so that made me cry harder. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara that held up really well today. The youth gave Chad an awesome tool bag filled with goodies and a card. Thanks Staci and Shannon for making us feel so loved today. I will never forget my time in the 4th ward. Change is hard for me...really hard, but I can do hard things, and so I will!




Here are a few pictures of things we have been working on...well Chad has been working on. building a new post and banister for the staircase. Trimming out the windows, painting rooms, replacing all the doors. Since the time I took these pictures a few days ago, even more has been done, so these pictures are a little outdated. If you want the most current picture, just come over and visit. Chad is there from 5pm until 2 am almost everyday. And because of this, this is what Chad has developed yet again. We call it his stress indicators. He got them the last time we remodeled a house. This is the biggest one yet. This picture also makes it look like chad has lost an ear. Not so, both are still attached, just a bad angle with the camera.
12 comments:
Is that really caused from stress and lack of sleep? I remember JOhn getting on his case last time to get it looked at but I never heard what the doctor said. Change is hard, are there kids your girls age in your new ward? Being 6th ward Im sure there are.
It's fun to see pictures of the house Rach. It's looking good. Those are not the doors I thought you described. We didn't have those at our Cedar apt, but they look great. I didn't realize yesterday was your last day in 4th ward.
Chad seriously needs to get that thing checked out.
It's looking SO much better from the last pictures I saw. You guys are doing a great job! I'm sure you're to the point you just want it done though. Hopefully we can come home at New Year's and see it then! And I've never seen something like what Chad has before.
The house is looking great! Your descriptions bring back so many memories...don't worry...you will have a lovely home in the end. Hopefully Chad will be done soon, for the sake of his hair!
I noticed that at Sydney's baptism and asked Amy about it and she said she was pretty sure he always had it. I knew he didn't. Poor guy!
Glad it is coming along. It will be so worth it in the end. I love seeing you guys when I'm at my mom's.
So, where are you moving too? Am I the only one who doesn't know? The house looks great. And I have to say, that when I was sitting behind Chad in the court room (during jury duty) I was wondering about his "bump." Has he had it looked at? My sister-in-law would get tumors like that because of hormones during pregnancy and had to have surgery to have it removed.
Rach,
Yeah! the house is really coming along! HOpefully you'll be in there by next week. Although with Mom & Dad's traveling plans, their house will be empty for a little while longer and you'll have it to yourselves if you need it. I love your doors. They remind of the doors you often see in really old, but updated homes that I love and want in my own home. Keep up the good work, it'll all be over soon and what fun to enjoy having a 'new' home that you'll be in for a long while.
Hey, did your husband get called into jury duty again? They called in everyone except 7, 8, and 9. Which luckily I'm in group 7! Phew!
Oh, the pictures don't even do it justice. It's looking so great and changes everytime I go through. Chad is quite miraculous. I do remember the "bump" during the last remodel. Seems he is not letting you dissect this time. The house will be beautiful and has come a long way already. Rachel, we will be sad to see you go from 4th ward and I will be so VERY sad to lose my Emma from Sunbeams. I'm debating whether this is a good excuse to start "inactivity" - maybe I will wait till Staci leaves me too.
hey rachael, (im blog stalking) im still sad that you don't live by my mom anymore. it's so fun to have our (not frequent enough) hang outs when i get up to washington. how will i ever find you now? we are moving to vegas in june!
kathryn
Yikes, that hairless spot is sorta crazy.
Good luck with the house! It'll be fabulous when you are finished.
Hey Rachel! I thought I would leave a comment here in regards to my training program
I am using one on the website CoolRunnings. I used their Couch to 5k plan last year and it worked great. So now I have upgraded to the beginner half marathon program :) It's a 12 week program, so the timing is great...as long as I survive!
Here is the link:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/134.shtml
(hope that link works, if not, go to coolrunnings.com)
Post a Comment