CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

some pictures, even though most of you have seen it in real life

Well, I have totally fallen off the blogging band wagon...who knew it went so fast? I have a few pictures of the house and so I will post them today. A small recap on the last few months of my life. Lived with Bill and Carolyn for a month...thank you, thank you, thank you. Moved in to out new house officially the day after Thanksgiving. Lots of family time during Christmas vacation. All of my brothers and sisters were here, many games played, many puns attempted, a few laughs achieved. The big day...Dallin and Ashley's wedding...absolutley beautiful. A perfect day, even though it was 10 degrees. Christmas...everyone was happy, especially me, Chad surprised me with the dining room table and chairs that I wanted. Love it...and him. Now, back to school and finding my new routine in my new home. The beautiful bride and her handsome man!
Christmas morning with the loot!

My Christmas present. It is so nice to have a table that ALL of us can sit at for dinner.

The living room

Another view in the living room, sorry these were taken a while ago, so sorry you have to see Christmas decorations still...I really have taken them down.

One of my favorite things about the house. I love the way Chad did the staircase. It turned out just how I wanted and I didn't even tell him what I wanted, he must read minds.

one side of my kitchen. See that double oven. Love it. Best choice I made in this kitchen.


The other side of my kitchen. I love everything about it, the countertops, the great cabinets, the kitchen faucet that I gave Chad a hard time about at first and now I love. It turned out better than I planned, thanks to a patient and very hard working husband. I am spoiled.

21 comments:

Jodi said...

Your place is BEAUTIFUL (and so is the adorable bride and groom) - I'm so glad you put pictures up since I'm one who hasn't seen your place in real life...though I'd love to. It's gorgeous! And what a thoughtful husband to get you that great dining set. Enjoy your dinners together around a table - love it!

Heidi D said...

Very nice. I think we might re-do our kitchen this summer...maybe. :)

Oh, this is your cousin Heidi Sorenson now DeCoursey. Just in case your wondering, who the heck are Heidi and Jeff?

Lisa Christine said...

That kitchen is DREAMY!!!

JenFielding said...

Great pictures Rach. It makes me miss italian sodas and ticket to ride. What an awesome week that was. I can't wait until Lincoln city.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wow, the house turned out really, really nice! Great job!!

Also, welcome back to the blogwagon!

Amy J. said...

I noticed that there are a few more seats to fill at that table. :) Your house looks amazing, does Chad want to visit here next?

Stacia said...

What a great remodel you guys did! Fun update. It's so spacious and inviting. I drove past your parents house many times during the holidays to get to our family get togethers, and always smiled when I saw all the cars there. Knowing everyone was together and having fun with the newlyweds. A house full of family. :)

dandee said...

Rachel, your home looks completely amazing! Chad is a gifted renovator, and you are one saint of a woman.

Love the picture of Dallin and Ashley.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh. It is amazing!!! I can't believe I haven't seen it in person! I don't know why, but I never imagined it looking that awesome!
I was just starting to wonder if you had deleted your blog because it'd been so long since you posted. Glad to see you are back.

Chase and Elise said...

Chad did such a good job! It looks beautiful! He should start his own business :)

Heather said...

It looks great! I wanna come see it for real!

meohmyers said...

I love your kitchen! Love the two toned cabinets and especially the double oven! I didn't notice that when I was there. I would love one of those! Your house looks fantastic, and I'm drooling over your new table. Lucky!

Nicole said...

Wow! It looks amazing!

tharker said...

Your new home is beautiful, Rachel! I am a smidge jealous of the double oven :)

And the table...gorgeous! So happy for you that you got it!

Wendy said...

It is absolutely fabulous. I can't say it enough. You both did a great job making it "your own". Pretty sure that fantastic new table will fit a lot of card making supplies for some serious crafting.

Nancie said...

your house is BEautiful! We'll have to drop by and see it in person!

PRP said...

I want to come see it all too. It looks amazing! The perfect home for your wonderful family.

Thanks for the comment!

Megan said...

wow!!! all the hard work paid off. it is fantastic. it is fun to have you in our ward.

blindblogger said...

Rachel your house looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in real life.

Ashley Haslam

The Garden Maiden said...

simply beautiful. Until I read the captions I thought they were shots from a magazine. You guys did good!

Jodi said...

I knew it, I knew it!!!! Dallin and Ashley are in our ward. I was telling Mick Sunday, "She looks so much like Rachael - I bet she's a Henry." But I never had the chance to ask her. They sat in front of us last Sunday and behind us a couple of Sundays ago. I hope that they can still hear the speakers with our boys... They're such a CUTE couple!! I'll have to tell Mick I was right about Ashley, because I love doing that. ;)