The countdown is on and I think I am almost done with my checklist.
Important things
1. tan...burn...whatever!
2. pack summer clothes...yeah!
3. borrow people magazines from Heather for the plane ride. I need easy reading to calm my nerves.
4. Got my hair cut.
Really important things
1. wrote out list of the kids schedule, lunch menus, maps to get to their bus stop, medical cards, doctor numbers, allergies, immunization cards, mother's maiden names and the number for our veterinarian.
2. cleaned the house. Top to bottom, ready to sell...if anyone would ever call.
3. packed clean clothes and unders for all the girls, soccer stuff, b-ball stuff, etc.
4. Gave Sarah encouragement about WASL testing this week. She will do great, she is an excellent student.
Really Really important things
1. got babysitters
2. assured the children that my enthusiasm for leaving doesn't mean I don't love them, it just means that it is good to have a break once in awhile.
3. asked Sarah to help Rebekah say her prayers every night. Rebekah was very concerned that I wouldn't be here to help her.
4. Reminded Emma and Hannah to please, please, please use the bathroom before bed.
5. told the girls I love them and I can't wait to see them on Thursday (5:15pm, mom could you pick us up...I guess that should have been on the important list)
Now that I have gone over my checklist one thousand times I am still left with that feeling that I get every time that I leave. I'm sure all mom's do. It's that feeling that you are so excited to leave that you can hardly contain it, but at the same time I worry about my girls and feel a little bit guilty for leaving them. I know that as soon as I get on the plane, I will feel better, but until then, I guess I have to suffer with the anxiety. See ya all on Thursday (5:15 mom...thanks).
Here is a picture of my haircut. Thanks Heather for always making feel like I'm kinda in style again.


4 comments:
Great haircut! Hope you have fun in Vegas on your annual getaway. The girls will be just fine and enjoy their adventure with their aunt and g'ma. Sometimes I find that my kids don't even miss me after all my guilt and wondering. They'll have fun. By the way, Emma was a star student in Sunbeams yesterday. Extra hugs for that - and shoot I may as well throw in some gum as her favorite treat from me.
I love your hair. I was sad when you told me you cut it because I love it long but it still looks great. I'm so sad I'm missing out on the annual Vegas trip. Remember when we text messaged Chad for the first time? We snuck in to the conference and wrote: LOOK OVER YOUR RIGHT SHOULDER. That was fun. Plus, sneaking peeks at the Venus pool, the Brazillian buffet, the not-so-great Seafood buffet at RIO, trying to do cirque du solie moves in the hotel room....the list could go on and on.
Have fun and post pictures to make us all jealous.
Rachel, I love your hair, it looks great! I can't believe you and Chad are in Vegas right now! Jen is for sure on one thing, we are jealous of that nice, warm Vegas weather...it snowed in Provo today! Have fun on the Vegas Getaway and you will have to tell us all about it when you get back!
Rach,
Your hair is so cute and you ARE in style again. This has been a busy, but FUN week for me; Packing small childrens' lunches, rushing kids to the bathroom at midnight because I KNOW WHY they are crying with their eyes shut, trying to get to the bus on time and then to soccer, making arrangments for activity day, homework, FHE, scripture study with short attention spans and the list goes on. But somehow at age 55 it was easier to laugh, and keep my cool, and just enjoy the experience than it was at age 30 something! I loved the four days with your kids and the two days with Nate and Staci's a couple weeks ago and Thursday with most all of them. I called Tara and told her I really needed 3 little boys to join us to complete the group. It's a great experience to be a G'ma!
Post a Comment