Today Sarah said to me "mom, are these gold coins real dollars?" I told her they were. She continued to ask about them...were they collector items, could you really use them at the store, and I told her yes, they were just them same as a paper dollar. She told me that while shopping with grandma the other day, grandma said that she had never seen the gold dollar coin before and that maybe she should keep it and save it. So I guess that's where the questions came from, but what she said next was what I loved.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Grandma's know everything....almost
Sarah--well mom, grandma hasn't seen these dollars before, so maybe they aren't real, because there are not many things that grandma doesn't know........Except Lowe's.
Me--Lows??
Sarah--you know Lowe's...like tools and stuff.
So, mom, you are the woman. You know everything...except Lowe's. Maybe you and dad should go there for your date nights, then you will know everything.
Posted by Rachel at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Funny you should mention it...we did go to Lowe's for date night last Friday....instead of the High Priest corn feed. We ran into a few other corn feed non-attendees, too. I will admit, I don't know Lowe's as well as Macy's. Fun day with Sarah! (And I have her gold coins in my possession) She thought she spent them but I traded them for dollar bills.
Wow, Grandma DOES know everything! Including how to score some collectable gold coins! =)
That is funny. Did you every find out why Sarah thought she DIDN'T know Lowes?
That's so cute. If Lowe's is the only thing Grandma doesn't know, that's pretty good!
Yeh, they could join us on our date nights to Lowe's and I could show her around, and then she'd know everything.
Grandma does know everything!!!!
This was hillarious. Isn't it funny how those little gold coins are supposed to be widely circulated, but no one wants to spend them? I begrudgingly used one a couple weeks ago, and the lady acted like I had just handed her a gold brick from Fort Knox.
I am pretty much convinced that 99 percent of the gold coins are in the possesion of all retail workers and waitresses.
That is so funny!!
Post a Comment