Last night we decided to teach the girls a little bit about why we celebrate the fourth of July. Now attention spans are short, so I don't know how much they will remember, but I want my kids to have a deep love and appreciation for this great country that we are blessed to live in. We talked a little about how the founding fathers of our nation were inspired men. And that they prepared a place for the gospel to be restored to the earth. We talked about showing respect for our flag and the proper way to fold it. They thought that was fun to fold the flag and they all took turns doing that, then we got to the part they might remember the most...the craft! We made our own 4th of July t-shirts. We had a great night. Here are some pictures of us creating our patriotic masterpieces!





13 comments:
What a great activity! You taught them something, and made super cute shirts! They turned out great.
Very impressive haertling clan. It would be so awesome if you were here! It is so relaxing and Branson gets tired of me being the only one to hold him. He does still immediately look up when we step onto the elevator. No TV here, but very pretty lights.
Those shirts are awesome!! I'm thinking mass production is in order!!
That's a great idea, I'll have to remember that for next year. The shirts turned out so cute.
We're still wearing 2001 old navy flag shirts.
What a great idea for FHE!!! The shirts turned out fabulous. Have a happy 4th!
Great idea! I'll bet the flags on my front porch are never touched (dropped or dragged) again! Cute shirts, cuter family.
What a fun FHE! You are a great family with some serious crafting skills.
Wow. Now that's a cool FHE. Can I hire you to come to FHE at our house?
These shirts turned out so cute! The girls did such a good job on them, and I'm lovin Emma's face in this last picture, great FHE idea Rach!
super cute idea. Looks like chad got a kick out of it too.
Rach, awesome FHE. I love the shirts, the girls will look great tomorrow. These types of activities are the best; FHE is important for so many reasons. Ah, the memories.
Cute shirts! They turned out great. Nice to have such cute girls to go in them.
So very impressed Rachel. Your family is awesome.
Post a Comment