My valentine's day was a good one. I have learned that the years that I have felt the most awful after valentines day were the ones that I only thought of me and what HE was going to do for me, and not the other way around. Valentines day is not just for women. Although, I have a hard time thinking of what to do for him, it always makes the day so much nicer when I think of him and not me. And he does not require much, most men don't. They are happy with simple things.
Valentines day is my favorite holiday! I don't know if it's because of my last name, but I love it. Some of the highlights of this year were making packages for my brothers and sisters and their families, making valentines with my girls for their class parties, coming up with a good idea for Chad for a gift, getting calls from sweet little boys in Yakima thanking me for their valentines. I think what touched me the most this Valentines day was the cards that Chad left on the counter Saturday morning for his girls. The cards he picked out were so thoughtful and fit each girl so well. I had no idea he was getting them cards and it just made me think all that googley lovey stuff about him. He also left me a very sweet and funny card with a dozen roses. We ended the day with a dinner date to Red Robin with Nate and Staci. It was so fun. I'm glad that I have family so close and even more that they are who I love to spend my valentine date nights with. It was a great day.
The weekend before valentines day our ward had a daddy/daughter dance. It was so cute to watch my girls get their best dresses on, want me to fix their hair in beautiful updo's and curls. They had a great time dancing with dad. I think Chad might have held the record for the most girls in primary at one time.
thank you to grandma for getting the hairdo's started. This activity took place an hour after Chad and I pulled into town from a little school conference/getaway trip.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Valentines Day thoughts
Posted by Rachel at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i told chad that night that he was the luckiest daddy there because he had the most daughters! they were just darling and i think i have some cute pics of them doing the bunny hop...
What a great activity. I don't think there can ever be too many daddy-daughter dates. The girls look so pretty and I love Chad's coordinating tie.
That's just so sweet! This post would make Mick sad though - he always wanted to have a daughter and to see that your husband (and you) has four daughters to have wrapped around their fingers. I love it!!! And I can't believe you love Valentine's Day - I have a hard time thinking of anything and my boys don't get into it either.
or at least tied the record with the casper girls! they are so pretty. I love daddy daughter dates!
Thanks for the inspiration about thinking of them instead of feeling sorry for ourselves. I will try to keep that in mind next year.
I am glad your blog isn't private. Sometimes I stop in.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment