Camp Zarahemla

This past weekend we headed up to Camp
Zarahemla for a little family
camp out. Tara and I had planned this about 2 months ago and we invited any and all of our family members who wanted to attend. I was excited about this trip because I haven't been camping for probably 6 or 7 years and so I forgot all the before and after work that goes into camping. Anyway we got there on Thursday evening. We had beautiful weather, although a little chilly at night for my liking. It was so amazing to be out in nature, and so nice not to have TV, cell phone service (well, I didn't at least, I think I might need a new plan, because everyone else seemed to have service) or computers. The kids did a talent show for us the first night, which featured Luke as our family comedian. We also enjoyed
canoeing, fishing (didn't even get a bite) and just sitting by the campfire enjoying one
anothers company. My family is amazing, and all the before and after work was totally worth it. The freezing cold night on a air mattress that felt like a giant ice cube was worth it. Thanks to Tara for getting everything arranged, thanks to Jenn for traveling all the way up from Provo to camp with us, thanks to Nate and Staci for giving up the father and sons to camp with us, and thanks to Mom, Dad and Ash for making the trip. I will always have fond memories of this trip. Now off to switch my 17 load of laundry.
P.S. Thanks to Dave for the pictures...my camera is not working.

Chad and his fisherwoman daughters on a little canoe ride
I cant tell you how many times I put these little shoes on those little feet and saw that little bum crack. Funny girl that Emma is.

my patient little Hannah fishing without ever getting even a bite.

Rebekah's motto has always been "safety first" . I love that wispy blond hair blowing across her face. So cute.
10 comments:
I'm glad that you had a good time and all the prep/clean up was worth it. It is so peaceful to get away in nature and live granola for a couple of days...but only for a couple of days.
I'm so glad I made the trip. I loved every minute of it. And I was nice and cozy at night so I really had a good time. I think we need to make this an annual 2-day event. We've all learned what to bring now so we can be comfortable (air mattresses that stay pumped up and every blanket you own). Thanks for the award ceremony. You win the award for the most enjoyable camper. You always had a joke and a smile.
Hats off to you. I only had to make it one night. Just Kidding, I'll stop with the negativity. Your girls will remember it forever.
You're right, the before and after are very challenging.
There really is nothing like being in nature with the fam. It feels like home...away from home.
How fun! We camped there last year and we loved it! Did you get to feed lots of chipmunks? They were everywhere when we were there.
Your girls are so beautiful!
I am with Marilyn....girls are so cute....Daddy needs to keep an eye on them around all the boys soon!
Family camping is way too much fun!
What a fantastic sounding vacation. Good food, good scenes, good family time, cute kids, fun times, laughter, and to top it off with a cherry is, 17 loads of laundry.
Is it done yet?
Best camping trip I've been on in 24 years! (First camping trip I've been on since then!) No, it really was so much fun. Next year we'll plan on both days. Thanks to all of you who planned, prepared and fed us! Next year we'll be contributers. The pictures are so cute. Thanks Dave!
What a fun trip you guys had. Maybe we'll make it to the next one. I love these pictures of all of the girls, very cute! Sorry again Rach for not getting a chance to make it over. I was bummed, and still am...but it sounds like you guys had a great week!
So much fun! I love the second (or is it the third?) generation of cousins camping together. What a blessing!
Post a Comment