This past weekend, my littlest girl had a stomach bug. She was sick Saturday night and unfortunately didn't make it to the bathroom. Needless to say it was a shining moment in all of my moments of being a mom. However, my next littlest girl was very worried about her little sister and very concerned that she might get sick again the next night, so after she was tucked into bed, she got out, found a piece of paper somewhere and a trusty purple crayon and wrote this little message. I found it the next morning, and had a good laugh.
What made me laugh so hard was 1. my littlest girl can't read and especially not the highly sophisticated writing of our dear left handed girl 2. The placement of the note...it was left right in the doorway of their bedroom, right where a large deposit had been made the night before. 3.If you were sick, would you take the time to look down and read a note on the floor? 4. who else would you go to...Dad...yeah right! My left handed wonder is a very thoughtful sister and although I got a good laugh, it also reminded me of how much she is concerned about others.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
A message in the night
(translation: go to mom, Love Rebekah)
Posted by Rachel at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I love it!! One sibling getting sick seems to bring out the best (and/or cutest) in the others... Thanks for sharing!!
That is really, really funny. Maybe she just didn't want to wake up to puke in the doorway again!
How sweet! I love random things like these that make you just laugh. And then when you think of them you giggle again.
It is nice having Rebekah in our class. She is very thoughtful. And Kelly and I enjoyed her craft with our name on it. She said to use it at our pool party this summer. I am assuming it's a table decoration?? :)
sorry emma was sick...no fun. rebekah is so sweet!
p.s. thanks for taking Stella the other day. she was thrilled!
Rach,
That is one of the funniest things i've ever heard. It's so funny how little children's minds think and work. Thanks for the translation, I was squinting trying to read it, it made me feel like I was getting old, maybe I can still chalk this one up to the ol southpaw and her developing writing skills.
So funny and SO Rebekah!
That's so sweet. I find that Lindsay is more thoughtful towards her sister when she isn't feeling well.
I'm still laughing...this is SO funny! Kids are funny, especially yours! What a good big sister
LOVE IT!! So sweet!! It's hilarious that she put the note where the "accident" was.
Just as funny as the first two times I heard it. Kid stories are always my favorite.
Love it! Nothing like a little light reading on the way to the pot. "Hmm what a great idea - maybe I will head in to barf on mom instead of heading the bathroom."
Post a Comment