CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's my first tag!

I was tagged by my good friend Wendy. So the rules are to tell 5 things that nobody knows or are unique about you. I think I share every detail of my life with everybody, so this might not be very interesting but I will try to think of a few.

I used to think I was a camping person and even told everyone that I loved camping. I wanted camping equipment for birthdays, wedding presents etc. I don't know why I ever thought this, because since I was little, I never would sleep well in a tent. In fact when we would camp in the back yard, as soon as all of my brothers and sisters were asleep, I would high tail it into the house. I was scared to death out there, I heard every sound and was sure someone was lurking in the bushes. Anyway I have come to accept my fears of sleeping in the outdoors and I don't ask for camping stuff anymore....except for a motor home, now that's my kind of camping.

I would rather mow the lawn than do dishes any day. I love to be outside (except when I sleep) and so my mom would always send me out to do yard work, because she knew I was worthless in the house. I didn't ever think this was odd until one day when I was babysitting a little girl, she was outside with me while mowing the lawn and she told Sarah that she didn't know that moms knew how to mow the lawn. I thought everyone loved mowing as much as I did. You can think without kids interrupting your thoughts and those diagonal lines across your yard and the smell of the grass are so rewarding.

One of my favorite kinds of music is monster ballads from the 80's and 90's. They remind me of church dances and high school. Chad found a great monster ballad CD for me for Christmas a few years ago and I love it. Do those ballads bring back memories for anyone else. Music brings back the most vivid memories for me.

I climbed to the top of Mt. Adams when I was in high school with my good friend Whitney. Actually, I think one of our secrets is that we made it to the FALSE summit, but I'm sure that the real summit was right around the corner. It was a trip that I will always remember. I did sleep in a tent that time but, I had no where to run for safety, I was on the side of a mountain.
We got to slide down a huge snow chute on our way down. That was exciting, and I think we almost lost Whitney on that slide. The Fox family always had exciting outdoor adventures. I am glad I got to be a part of that one.

Ok sorry this one is weird, but I am digging deep for things...sorry. When I blow my nose, air comes out of my tear ducts...actually bubbles come out my tear ducts. I thought that might be normal, but nobody else seems to think so. I have always thought my sinus region was messed up and now I am pretty sure it is.

Ok so there you go. 5 really weird things about me. I am tagging both of my sisters Ashley, Kristen H., Niki R., and Amy C.

Sorry, but could I add a 6th thing...I don't know how to link people's names with their blog address, as you can see above I tried, but if you click on them it doesn't work. I need help, I am the worst computer person out there.

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Great tag--I always think it's so fun to learn more about people this way. I also enjoy mowing the lawn, and it's become a novelty to me now since I haven't had a lawn to mow in so long. However, I was the opposite of you growing up. I would make deals with my mom to clean the whole house to get out of weeding the garden.

Whitney said...

Oh my hoolies, that was funny. Monster ballads? Yes. "Finally Found the Love of a Lifetime" and that favorite that we hoped they would play for the last song, "More than Words." And just the image of me in dark green sweats (who climbs mountains in sweats?) sliding down the chute cracks me up--although at the time me, along with all of you at the top thought for sure I was a goner. I remember you had to go down after me and the climbers watching the drama were not very encouraging. So much for sliding down on garbage bags. Loved this and love you--thanks for all the great experiences. My childhood/teenagehood are all wrapped up with memories together!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

The Monster Ballads part cracked me up - reminded me of all the years I DJ'd church dances! Yep, More than Words was always in there... along with Everything I Do, I Do It For You and SO many more..

Great.. Now I'm going to have to burn a Monster Ballads CD for the car!

Amy J. said...

I second your mowing the lawn love! I miss the one hit wonders and monster ballads at the cabin!!!! Hey and bubbles are always cool...arn't they?

ashley said...

Bubbles, wow! Nope I can officially say that that doesn't happen when I blow my nose. That is unique. What a cool post Rach, thanks for sharing!