Well, picture day is here. So far in my mothering career, my kids have been pretty good about letting me pick out a reasonable outfit or they come up with one on their own that is good, for picture day. Sarah has had her outfit picked out since before school began. I guess that comes with being 11 years old and a being a girl. Hannah doesn't really care and went with the one I suggested and then Rebekah walked out of her room. Now she doesn't have school until after lunch, but I guess she wanted to get a head start on the day, so this is the outfit she came up with. Now the sad thing about this is that she did not put this on to get a laugh. She is totally serious about this. Thank goodness I have until 12:10 to change her mind. 

I don't know what is with the one purple sock. I thought it was just for an extra laugh, but no...she still has it on and never once acted like it was weird. What have I created!
14 comments:
Awesome. She has some serious confidence!
Rach, that is priceless. I love the huge grin on her face too. The shirt is great, I think you might want to nix the sock and shorts. Just a suggestion. Good luck! :)
That is hilarious! I love the way kids' minds work.
So what's the big deal? The picture only shows them above the waist! I know I always let you kids pick out your clothes!! Just fix her hair cute (minus the green, now:) and she's good to go!
I was thinking the same thing as Mom. You'll only see the top half of her in the picture so why not wear one purple sock to school on picture day! That is so funny. I love that little girl.
I think that she and my Lindsay are kindred spirits. I wish I could show you what Lindsay insisted on wearing to the mall....I let her too.
Sometimes I have to stop and think when my kids come up with certain combinations of clothing, does it really matter? Well, yes it does: If we don't want our children to be a social outcast
Marcus first look at it: "What is she wearing!?" What a cutie, at least it is all...purple? I bet I know what her favorite color is! Maybe the one sock is a new trend, I've always thought she was a fashionista.
So, did you change her mind???
That is too funny. I think if you let her walk out the door like that you might get a call from social services. :)
Debie, I agree, I had to learn the "choose your battles" thing early on, and so Macy has left the house in some interesting outfits, but Rachel, I have to say, I'd definitely have to veto that one. The one purple sock???
Rach, how funny! Fortunately my kids haven't put up to much of a fuss with outfits yet, probably b/c they're boys:) So I want to know what she ended up wearing. What a fun conversation it must have been.
Okay, so the above comment that appears to be left by a 'lara' is actually me, Tara. somehow when I got on here it logged me on at lara. I guess my sister in-law lara must be a blogger user and must have been on here last? Sorry about the identity theft.
C'mon let her wear it!
Post a Comment