CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just the two of us

My mother in law called this week and asked if she could come and pick up ALL four girls on Friday after school and take them down to her house to spend the night and she would bring them back on Saturday. It was a hard decision...wait a minute are you kidding, I could hardly hold back my excitement, but I calmly told her yes that would be fine and then my mind started planning the weekend...alone. Dinner, a movie, maybe I could finish reading my book. Well, my plans didn't go exactly how I had planned them in my head, but here is a little preview of what we did. This picture is for mature audiences only...ha ha.

How romantic huh? We spent our free evening without children at not only Lowe's, but Home Depot too. We did stop and eat at Panda Express, which is one of my favorites in between stores. It actually was fun to see Chad and not have to worry about the kids, and he even pushed me around on the cart...it was late, I was getting tired and we had been there for two hours. The kids were totally spoiled in true grandma fashion. Chuck E. Cheese's, make overs, girly movies. They loved it. Thanks Cheryl! Maybe she will offer again AFTER the remodel is complete so my night without children dream can come true.

13 comments:

The Donald said...

I can't think of a better date than that! Panda Express is great, I am glad there is one right down the street from us now.

chenry said...

Romance must not run in the family, Rach. Guess what we decided we would buy for our 36th anniversary. 1. A new diamond for me, 2. New furniture, 3. a Bose or some type of new music system, or 4. A Honda generator to keep things running in case of an emergency. I'm sure you guessed it! Now we have to keep the gas cans filled!

Lisa Christine said...

A weekend with no kids around...lucky girl!

Em and Ms said...

I love it! When you're remodeling a house, you gotta use every chance you get. I love that you took a picture in Home Depot.

Amy J. said...

I love that he actually pushed you around on the cart!

JenFielding said...

Wuv, twoo wuv.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Honestly, I do find home improvement and tasks being complete really romantic.

Nancie said...

my kind of date. Aren't mIL's great!Do you guys own stock in Lowes and HD?

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, that is my dream come true. Someone just taking my kids. Actually, Danyelle made this dream come true twice last summer and I'll never be able to thank her enough. Glad you had time alone with your hubby, even if it was at Lowes!

SuzanSayz said...

I call those "Real Life Dates" or I guess you could say an RLD. I think for a couple with kids that just plain having an evening to yourselves feels utterly luxurious, and anything you do together, no matter how dull it may seem, is a big huge bonus.

Ms. Kristen said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Wendy said...

Chad really knows how to wine and dine you. No, I'm not giving him a bad time. He is doing some incredible work on the new house! Congrats on getting your current house sold but so sad for me that you will be leaving our very colorful ward.

Jodi said...

Awwww you look so cute sitting there.